Friday, 10 October 2008

A pretty good cake

This is the cake that my niece and I made for Grandfather's birthday. I think she would have liked to cover the whole top with chocolate chips, but we were running out of time, so she made do with jelly babies once I told her time was nearly up.

The cake itself was a little bit experimental, but it worked REALLY well. We used the yogurt cake recipe I mentioned once before, but we added to it a cup of chocolate chips. I then iced it with cocoa butter icing. We will DEFINITELY be making this variation again - it was delicious!



5 comments:

Ambrose said...

what flavor yogurt did you use for this cake?

Mac McLernon said...

*sniff* I can't remember the last time I had a birthday cake... *gulp*

;-)

newhousenewjob said...

Jen, my dad has a very sweet tooth, so we used toffee flavoured yogurt. I think hazelnut flavour would also go particularly well with the chocolate chips, or plain vanilla for a smoother flavour. Actually, I've enjoyed the yogurt cake recipe with all the flavours I've used over the years, and I'm sure most of them would go well with the chocolate.

Mac, didn't I make you a cake the day before you birthday last year? How quickly the memory fades... ;¬)

Mac McLernon said...

I have a very poor memory... and it was nearly a year and a half!

(I didn't say I'd never had one!!)
;-)

Jackie Parkes said...

YUM!!