Saturday, 31 May 2008

And we're off!

It's the morning of the wedding, the weather is looking promising, and I'm waiting with my mother for the florist to deliver the bouquets. All the jobs are ticked off on my to do list, and we're looking forward to a fantastic day. I can't wait to see New Man in the church, and am so excited that we're going to have this great celebration with so many of the people we love.

We have a few little 'extra' touches planned. We have 24 countries represented among the guests (nationalities or places they have travelled from), so we have a display of the 24 flags of those countries at the entrance to the ballroom where we're having the reception.

My matron of honour celebrated her 40th birthday yesterday, so we've got a cake for her which will be presented during the speeches.

My niece is making her First Communion during the nuptial Mass, and we've got a lovely cake and a little present table for her at the reception.

There are all sorts of other little details, and I can't wait to show everyone the things I've been planning.

Tomorrow we're meeting any of the guests who are still around for lunch, then we're off to Hawaii for 8 nights. It's a long journey home, so we're breaking it for 2 or 3 nights in Chicago on the way home.

See you in a couple of weeks...

13 comments:

Esther said...

You will be in my prayers. God bless you both. I hope you have a wonderful time in Hawaii.
God bless,

Colleen said...

Oh, God bless you! I hope everything went beautifully!

Beth said...

Happy Happy Day! I cannot believe you're blogging on the DAY of your WEDDING!!!

Have a wonderful time and come visit when you're in Chicago :)

Mac McLernon said...

I've been thinking of you both! Many, many congratulations, and I hope you have a fantastic honeymoon. I want to see pictures and read details... and get invited to lunch...

FloridaWife said...

How exciting!!! Well, you won't see this until you come back from Hawaii (unless you're logging in!), but I just wanted to let you know how excited I am for you and NewMan. I am so happy for you. Congratulations on your wedding!!!! God bless!!!

Cy said...

Congratulations!!!
May Saint Joseph and Our Lady bless you both!

newhousenewjob said...

Thank you all - or should I say mahalo? We had a fantastic day on Saturday, and are now having a wonderful time in Hawaii. Just got a quick chance to log onto the hotel computers, but may not get another - I'll tell you all about it when I get home.

ukok said...

Congratulations!

gemoftheocean said...

Bless you. Which island(s) have you been to?

Karen
[BTW, whipping up a lunch for 32 is no mean feat. I'd have ordered out for pizza!]

la mamma said...

Congratulations!

newhousenewjob said...

Thank you. Karen, we're on Kaua'i - the Garden Island. Very green, very beautiful, and you wouldn't believe how many photos I've taken...

Mac McLernon said...

Come on, woman... aren't you home yet??

newhousenewjob said...

Yes, I'm back - had a wonderful time, and will tell you all about it as soon as I can... Little things like wading through three weeks' worth of work e-mails need to happen first.