Saturday, 1 March 2008

Just for the record...

Here are a few things I have done in the past two weeks:
  1. Dug out my laptop from under the huge heap of stuff in the front room.
  2. Done loads of reading and figured out what I'm going to cover and how I'm going to cover it in the new course I'm teaching next week.
  3. Spent a day and a half looking after my nieces when my sister wasn't well.
  4. Prepared the final list of people I want to invite to the wedding and their addresses.
  5. Looked up the addresses of all the people New Man had put on his list and not provided full addresses for.
  6. Written a detailed information sheet to go with the invitations, covering directions to the church and reception, menu choices, information for those bringing children, etc - and printed 75 copies of it.
  7. Made a few more arrangements for the wedding, in dozens of long phone calls and e-mails.
  8. Spent last weekend with my parents and celebrated Mothering Sunday a week early with my mother.
  9. Arranged to take my future parents-in-law out for Mothering Sunday tomorrow.
  10. Kept all my appointments, however difficult it was.
  11. Spent hours on the phone to two people I'm very close to who are both going through very difficult times at the moment.
  12. Attended the award ceremony for a course I recently completed (I now have more letters after my name than in it).
  13. Sorted out all my belongings and papers at work and packed what I'm keeping into crates ready for a move to new offices this weekend.
  14. Done all the above while struggling with a throat infection that's making me feel like I've been run over by a train.

And here are some of the things I haven't managed to do:

  1. Make my house habitable - I'm still camping out in one room and waiting for the painter to return and finish the job (after a 2 week break).
  2. Prepare the slides and handouts for the course I'm teaching next week.
  3. Get enough sleep.
  4. Spend as much time as I'd like with New Man.
  5. Get anybody to deliver what was expected of them in the timeframe they had promised and to the standard that was expected.

Ho hum. This too will pass...

6 comments:

Mac McLernon said...

Sounds as if you've got your hands full. It's getting close! You and New Man are both in my prayers as the big day approaches... and I shall pray for you both in the grotto on your wedding day!!

BTW, remember that we want to see the photos after the event.

Colleen said...

Wow. That reminds me of the whirlwind I lived in during the months leading up to my wedding. I hope you can find some time to breathe and enjoy it!

newhousenewjob said...

Thank you both. I think I have a bit of time for breathing scheduled in next Tuesday afternoon...!

Beth said...

Less than 3 months!!! So exciting!

newhousenewjob said...

Hi Beth - yes, I've been getting very excited the last couple of days, as the invitations have gone out and responses are starting to come in.

FloridaWife said...

It's a lot of "fun" work preparing for a wedding, I know it keeps one busy, but in the end you will have the greatest day of your life!!! And THEN you can spend as much time as possible with New Man. Congrats again.