Thursday, 17 January 2008

Well, maybe not quite all...

I couldn't do it - my fingers have been itching to get back! I certainly won't be posting as often as I used to, but I am going to post from time to time - mostly because I want to keep some sort of record of things that are going on at the moment, and I'm rubbish at keeping a diary.

So, what's been happening while I was away? Well, we had New Man's birthday, then Christmas and the New Year. I've ordered my wedding dress, gone to the gym three or four times a week, taken on more management responsibilities at work, ordered our wedding rings (that bit we did together last weekend), started making a very large new rug for our front room, arranged to have the house decorated, had our first meeting with the priest about the wedding, booked the photographer, reluctantly said goodbye to my lovely old car and bought a more sensible one... In other words, I've kept myself busy.

Today's plans - an appointment with the registrar to give notice of the wedding, an appointment with a colleague who lives nearby for coffee and a catch-up, a visit to the gym, several hours in my study (I'm working from home today, and have a lot to get through), a bit of house-cleaning ready for the arrival of my parents for the weekend tomorrow, paying a couple of bills, and perhaps pausing to breathe for a few minutes at some stage.

I'd better get going...

14 comments:

Colleen said...

Welcome back! It was exciting to see in my Bloglines that you had posted again. I look forward to hearing more about your wedding preparations. I hope that you can enjoy this busy time!

newhousenewjob said...

Thank you Colleen - and I hope Gustin's feeling better. :¬)

Beth said...

Yay!!! Welcome back!

newhousenewjob said...

Thank you Beth. :¬)

Seeker said...

Glad to see you back! Good luck with the wedding preps.

leutgeb said...

Great that you are back, a bit.
All exciting stuff that you are up to. I've decided to blog less and practise and read more, but it's good to read what people are doing.

newhousenewjob said...

Thank you both. Leutgeb, I'm going to try to go for a bit more moderation now - somewhere between the extremes of no blogging at all and desperately searching for something to say because I want to update my blog every day and have been too busy to put a proper post together. We'll see...

Mac McLernon said...

And how long did you plan to leave it before telling me you were back in the blogosphere??

newhousenewjob said...

Ah, just having some fun seeing how long it takes people to notice, Mac. You've given the game away a bit now, though... ;¬)

Pede said...

Oh, Newhouse, welcome back!!! I have been checking in every so often, hoping that you would reconsider returning, even if on a limited basis - and all the while keeping you in thoughts and prayers. It is so good to see you posting again.

Pede

newhousenewjob said...

Thank you so much, Pede - especially for the prayers.

Cy said...

Oh YAY!
Welcome back!

Ma Beck said...

WOOHOO!!!
SO glad to see you back - we missed you.

:)

newhousenewjob said...

Thanks Ma - and Cy.