Saturday, 10 November 2007

An answer to prayer?

My parents were trying to get hold of a priest friend who has recently moved parishes. Although they knew which town he was in, they couldn't remember the name of his new parish, so my father decided to call each parish in the town concerned, in the hope of either finding him or finding someone who knew where he was.

It being Saturday morning, several of the numbers rang unanswered, but eventually my father found the right number and managed to speak to the priest he had been looking for.

Shortly afterwards, the phone rang at my parents' house. My father picked it up, and nearly fell off his chair when he heard a deep, gruff Yorkshire voice on the other end, saying:

"Hello, this is Our Lady of Lourdes. Were you trying to contact me?"

3 comments:

Esther said...

LOL!!! You have the funniest stories to share with us :-)

Red Cardigan said...

I love it!! :) :) :)

gemoftheocean said...

Who knew she had a Yorkshire accent?!

:-D