Friday, 19 October 2007

These things happen

Another niece-ism, which she has obviously picked up from the reaction she gets when she's had a genuine accident (and consequently doesn't get into trouble).

Yesterday she was confronted with the evidence that she had not been confining her drawing to the paper. Her arms were covered in red ink from a marker pen, and she had drawn various pictures stretching from her wrist to her elbow.

My sister said, "How many times have I told you that you're to draw on the paper and not on your arms?"

My niece looked down at her highly-decorated arm, shrugged and said, "Oh well, these things happen."

4 comments:

Esther said...

LOL!!! Well, she's right :-)

Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Brilliant answer!

diana said...

Well, she's laid back, and thats what I like! I missed your blog!

newhousenewjob said...

She comes from a long line of laid back people... I missed your comments too, Diana.