Sunday, 30 September 2007

Another meme

I've been tagged by Mac and Esther. The rules are easy: just post the quiz on your blog and answer the questions, then pass it on to five other bloggers, and link to them in your post. Be sure to link back to the one who sent it to you.

1. Do you attend the Traditional Latin Mass or the Novus Ordo?

Depends. I love both, but I think my favourite is actually a reverently celebrated Novus Ordo Mass in Latin. New Man doesn't actually like the TLM very much, but we usually end up attending it when we're here, since we both like the parish and he knows I like the TLM. I'll go a long way to avoid having to attend a Mass with 'inclusive' language and trite modern 'hymns', but if I stumble across one by accident I'll make the best of it - the Mass is the Mass however much some people try to mangle it.

2. If you attend the TLM, how far do you drive to get there?

About a mile and a half. I know - I should walk. We never seem to leave early enough for that.

3. If you had to apply a Catholic label to yourself, what would it be?

Traditional. The people who have a problem with some of the things I do - not eating meat on Friday and not living with my boyfriend being the main ones - are usually Catholic themselves, and when I say I do these things because I'm Catholic, the response is often, "Well, I'm Catholic, and I don't do it." Despite what I said in my last post about responding to throwaway comments, sometimes the easiest response is, "Well, I'm quite a traditional Catholic."

4. Are you a comment junkie?

Yes and no. I love receiving comments, and get really disappointed when I don't get any. But I'll only comment on another blog if I have something to say - and on some blogs I'll never comment, because it feels like interrupting a private conversation (not that it stops me from reading that private conversation!).

5. Do you go back to read the comments on the blogs you’ve commented on?

Yes - I like to see how people have responded.

6. Have you ever left an anonymous comment on another blog?

I once tried to. Someone else had written a comment which I found extremely objectionable and just plain wrong, and I wrote quite a strong response to it which drew on my own personal experience and expressed feelings that I haven't expressed to very many people. It wasn't nasty, just deeply personal to me. The attempt at anonymity didn't work - it wasn't a blogger blog, and the system this person used automatically picked up the URL of my blog and posted that with my comment.

7. Which blogroll would you most like to be on?

Whenever I see that I've been added to another blogroll, I feel really flattered. I particularly love being on the blogroll of people whose blogs I enjoy - so I suppose I'd be delighted to be on the blogroll of any of the blogs that are on my blogroll, if that makes sense. Mind you, my blogroll needs updating at the moment - perhaps I'll get round to it once this stupid course is over.

8. Which blog is the first one you check?

That depends. It's always one of the following: Mulier Fortis, And Sometimes Tea, Blessed Among Men, Beautiful Day, Catholic Mom in Hawaii, Et Tu?, Ma Beck, St Fiacre's Garden or the newly renamed An Uncertain Path to Pregnancy.

9. Have you met any other bloggers in person?

Mac from Mulier Fortis and Matt and Wendy Doyle from Lacrimarum Valle. I've also met Fiona and Isabelle, who have commented on my blog.

10. What are you reading?

'Teacher Man' by Frank McCourt, 'Love Over Scotland' by Alexander McCall Smith (very short chapters, so great for reading on the Tube), and I'm just starting 'Jesus of Nazareth' by Pope Benedict XVI, which New Man gave me for my birthday.

Bonus Question! Has your site been banned by Spirit of Vatican II?

Sadly, no - I'm obviously not working hard enough. I presume this site is a joke, and being on its banned list is actually a sign of approval. If not, how sad...

Right, I'm going to be late for Mass if I don't stop now. I tag any of the people in my answer to question 8 who haven't done this yet and are interested.

6 comments:

Mac McLernon said...

Just to make sure that you aren't disappointed by a dearth of comments (weekends can be distressingly quiet among Catholic bloggers!)...

;-)

newhousenewjob said...

Thanks Mac :¬)

Cy said...

Hi, um, I've nominated you for an award, and I hope you don't mind coming to my blog for the explination...

Esther said...

Thanks for playing NH. BTW, how'd you handle being found out on the anonymous posting?

newhousenewjob said...

I'm not sure anyone ever noticed, Esther - that particular visitor path never came up on Sitemeter, so they certainly didn't find their way over here - but it did make me think twice about ever posting another anonymous comment.

FloridaWife said...

I'm so honored as being a blog you check regularly. :)