Wednesday, 1 August 2007

There are some great posts out there today

And here are some of my favourites.

Red Cardigan has some very apt thoughts on the cult of superficiality in modern life, and how our unrealistic quest for perfection is carried into all areas, including the way we judge other people when we go to Mass (a particularly apposite reminder for me, as regular readers will know). Next time I'm tempted to nag, complain or judge someone else's behaviour, I'll try to remind myself of the photo of Faith Hill...

Jen has a reminder that, like the priest and the Levite in the story of the Good Samaritan, we often don't live up to our own ideals when we're busy or in a hurry. It's a great call to action - as soon as I'd read it, I made a phone call I'd been meaning to get round to.

Beth has an absolutely beautiful post about night feedings with her baby.

There are prayer requests here and here.

Britanny is counting down to the day she enters the Salesian Sisters of St John Bosco, this weekend. She would also very gratefully accept donations, as she is entering the convent with very little money and will have some expenses.

And, along with hundreds of other people in the NHS, Matt started his new job as a registered doctor today - my prayers are with him and all our junior doctors who have had such a difficult time with the disastrous new application system.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks for the link!

Esther said...

Thanks NH. It is much appreciated.

Brittany said...

Thank you, as well! :)

Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

That's a lot of good prayer intentions...

Matt Doyle said...

Thanks, for including me in these important prayer intentions. Thankfully I haven't been asked to administer any deadly doses of morphine yet(!)

Jennifer F. said...

Thanks for the link, as well as the links to all these great sites.