Saturday, 18 August 2007

More pictures of St Peter's Square

Blogger wouldn't let me upload any more photos in that last post - it obviously thought I'd included more than enough!

I do have a few more of the square that I'd like to add, though. As you can see, by the time we came out after Mass, the square had filled up considerably.


This statue of St Peter is at the bottom of the steps.


I love this picture of St Peter with his head framed against the sky.


And with the rather nifty zoom on my new camera, I was able to zoom in on these statues on the roof of the basilica...

... and on top of one of the gates.


With one last look back at the square, we left to find some lunch.

8 comments:

Mac McLernon said...

Ooooooh... pretty pictures! Get them all loaded up onto your computer so I can see them when I visit for lunch!!
;-)

diana said...

beautiful pictures! I can't wait till my kids are old enough to go and appreciate where they are...

Brad Harvey said...

Nice pics, Newhouse! I remembered to toss a coin in the fountain on my last visit (27 yrs ago) Hope I live long enough to return;) My Daughter will be visiting Rome in a few months and I`m just a bit envious.
Congratulations once again.

Mrs Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Awesome pictures! i wanna go!

FloridaWife said...

Awesome pictures. I STILL can't believe you're engaged. I mean, I can, but, you know, it's so exciting!!!!

newhousenewjob said...

I'm very excited, and amazed and delighted that so many other people are so excited for me. Thank you.

fiona said...

Your pictures are superb. Brother Laurence OP was in Rome around the same time, and he has hundreds and hundreds of superb pictures too: www.flickr.com/photos/paullew/sets.

Why, oh why, does everyone take better pictures than us....

Fiona

newhousenewjob said...

Wow - his pictures are great! Thanks Fiona.