Saturday, 9 June 2007

Bit of a milestone

New Man and I sort of had our first row today. He upset me, I got cross, I let him know I was cross, he apologised, I sulked, he apologised again, I forgave him, we spent the afternoon together, I apologised for being grumpy, he forgave me. Quite an important little milestone in our relationship, I think - we need to be able to show each other when we're upset, work things out, forgive each other and move on.

And then tonight he sent me a text, and for the first time he actually used the phrase "I love you". I've always hated it when someone starts saying those words when they barely know you, within a couple of days of meeting you. But after four months, I think it has meaning. I'm going to bed with a smile on my face tonight.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Yeah! I remember exactly when my then boyfriend now husband said "I love you" for the first time. It was right before I left for a mission trip to Mexico for a week, and I remembered it with a smile every night when I was going to bed. Yay for you guys!

Ma Beck said...

Yay - that's HUGE!
:)

Mac McLernon said...

Heheheheh... if he can cope with you sulking...

;-)

Anyway, I'm warming up the vocal cords for that Ave Maria...

Esther said...

That was so sweet NewHouse :-)

newhousenewjob said...

Thanks guys. By the way (she says bashfully), I told him I love him too. We've just spent the best day together, and he's just left to go home.

Simon-Peter Vickers-Buckley said...

Hmmm.

No: perhaps he just left home to go.