- Comment moderation means you see straight away how many new comments there are when you've been away for a few days. This makes up for the fact that the only post which arrived while you were gone was a phone bill and two professional journals. Thanks, chaps!
- Many of the songs that three-year-olds enjoy have very catchy tunes.
- My colleagues will look at me as if I'm mad when they catch me singing 'Dingle Dangle Scarecrow' in an unguarded moment at work tomorrow.
- Going on holiday with a toddler, you suddenly realise how friendly total strangers can be.
- I now know I can cope with a toddler getting seasick and throwing up all over me.
- The seaside can be just as much fun in a sweater and a pair of wellies.
- A five day holiday with a toddler is enough to make you completely forget everything you ever knew about your job. It also probably qualifies you to become a hostage negotiator.
- It doesn't matter how much you enjoy being with your aunt - when you're only just three and you've fallen on your bottom on some rocks at the end of a busy morning, only Mummy will do.
- It's relatively easy to deflect the wails of "I want my Mummy" with a promise of a Bob the Builder CD and a drink.
- By the age of three, a small girl knows how to win over the weaker sex. My niece met a small boy called Jack, who graciously let her play football with him. She ran round after him, cooing, "Oh Jack, you're so good at football, Jack. That was a really good kick, Jack."
Tuesday, 8 May 2007
Random thoughts on returning home
I'll post properly tomorrow, but here are a few random thoughts before I go to bed: