Saturday, 19 May 2007

Not what she used to say...

I'm off on holiday again tomorrow - a week in Missouri with my brother and his family, followed by a week in Washington DC with my eldest nephew. I'm planning to take my laptop with me (if it fits in my hand luggage), but blogging may be sparse.

I was just talking to my mother, and at the end of the call she said, "Well, have a lovely time, and don't talk to any strange men. Unless they look nice."

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm sure something has changed since I was a little girl...

6 comments:

Mac McLernon said...

Have a great time. Take lots of photos to show us when you get back. I'll say a prayer for you at the Grotto while I'm there...

newhousenewjob said...

Thanks. Enjoy the pilgrimage, and will look forward to hearing about that too.

Simon-Peter Vickers-Buckley said...

That's nice. Thanks for telling me.

NC is only a short hop from DC.

newhousenewjob said...

If you have a vehicle, perhaps... Whole trip done by plane and metro, I'm afraid, and on a budget. Next time...?

Simon-Peter Vickers-Buckley said...

Oh. Sad.

You know you can hire a car VERY cheaply over here, $45-$50 a day for a compact I think. Takes about 4 hours from DC to here.

Next time perhaps.

Ma Beck said...

Missouri loves company.