Wednesday, 9 May 2007

If you want a great seaside holiday...

... go to Jersey. We had a fantastic time - the beaches were perfect (though the weather wasn't), we made some great sandcastles, the people were friendly, and since we practically had the beaches to ourselves and the tide went out quite a long way, it was very easy to keep track of a toddler as she ran round and played in the sand. Don't go by ferry, though - I've never seen so many people being sick at the same time.

We went to Mass on Sunday in a lovely little church, where the children processed out at the end to crown the statue of Our Lady while we sang "Bring flowers of the rarest". We also sang a Marian hymn in French ("C'est le mois de Marie"), which I enjoyed - I don't get enough opportunity to use my French.

Oh, and in case you were wondering - yes, I did catch myself humming "Dingle Dangle Scarecrow" at work today. And yes, my colleagues did give me funny looks...

3 comments:

Brad Harvey said...

That`s the most realistic sand castle I`ve ever seen. How on Earth
did you do it?

:)

newhousenewjob said...

We worked on it for hours...

:¬)

Kiwi Nomad 2006 said...

I spent eleven days in Jersey last July: a great-grandfather came from St Martins. I didn't expect to stay so long, but I just had a wonderful time catching buses to different bays, then walking along coastal tracks and getting another bus back etc. And the people were very friendly.