Sunday, 27 May 2007

Eight things meme

I've been double tagged for this one - by Florida Wife and Mac. Does that mean I have to come up with 16 things...?

The rules are as follows: "Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog."

Now, unfortunately, I've been out of blogging action for a couple of days, and while my back was turned everyone I know of who likes doing memes has already done this one or been tagged for it, so I'm struggling to think of anyone to tag - so if you fancy doing this one, then please go ahead.

As for the facts and habits - well...

1. I don't know if it counts as a habit, but I'm writing this while sitting on the bathroom floor in my hotel room so as not to disturb my slumbering nephew.

2. I can spend several hours getting myself all dressed up for a fancy do, putting on my make-up and getting my hair looking perfect, and ten minutes later I look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards, even if all I've done in the meantime is sit still with my hands in my lap. I'm about as far from being poised and elegant as it's possible to get.

3. I'll eat absolutely anything except scrambled eggs.

4. If I take work home with me, I would rather get up at 5:00 in the morning and do the work then than spend any time on it in the evening.

5. I love buying new electronic gadgets, but won't replace them until they fall apart. That means that, for instance, I was one of the first people I knew to have a digital camera, but for the last three or four years, I've had the most primitive digital camera of anyone I knew.

6. I wear my favourite clothes until they literally fall apart. Partly for this reason, whenever I find an item of clothing that I really like, I tend to buy exactly the same thing in two or three different colours.

7. I always always always have bruises all over my legs. I very seldom remember how I got them.

8. If I have trouble sleeping, I have an absolutely foolproof insomnia cure. It's a tape of which I have never managed to hear more than five minutes - Thomas Harris reading 'Hannibal'. I have no idea what happens in the story (I hear it's a bit bloodthirsty), but this guy has the world's most soporific voice.

1 comment:

Mac McLernon said...

ten minutes later I look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards

...but at least you look like you've been dragged through the hedge wearing makeup and fancy clothes! I look like I didn't bother in the first place, and then got dragged into the hedge. And stayed there...