Sunday, 22 April 2007

A teenager

Today my eldest nephew, who is also my first godson, became a teenager. He's growing up into a fine young man, is a good role model for his six younger siblings, and is a delight to be with.

My only gripe is that I don't see enough of him, as he lives (according to google.com) 5,067 miles from me. So I can't wait for his birthday treat - his parents have agreed to lend him to me for a few days next month, and I'm taking him on a trip to Washington DC. He's been once as a very small boy, and I've never been, so we'll have great fun exploring together. You may well hear more about this over the next six weeks or so...

2 comments:

Simon-Peter Vickers-Buckley said...

LOL...you are coming over here?

I guess I'll see you then.

newhousenewjob said...

Yes, Missouri and Washington - just need to get those tickets booked...