Wednesday, 25 April 2007

Gosh, this is a busy week

Close on the heels of the two birthdays we've celebrated in the last week, today is my parents' 43rd wedding anniversary.

For her birthday last year, my father gave my mother a card which said on the front:

"Grow old with me, the best is yet to come."

They're best friends, they support each other when times are rough and share in each other's happiness when times are good. They've laughed together, cried together and brought up six children together.

They're a fantastic role model for their children and grandchildren. I hope they have many more happy years together.

3 comments:

Mac McLernon said...

It's off topic, newhouse, but you might want to check out the letter from ICEL which Fr Tim Finigan received on the new translation and copyright!

Ma Beck said...

A happy anniversary and many more years to your dear parents!!
(On 24 April, my parents celebrated their 53rd...)
;)

newhousenewjob said...

Thank you - and to yours. Gosh, 53 years - that's a great achievement.