Monday, 19 March 2007

The relationship guru

The big news of 2007 is that I've Met Someone. After six years without even the sniff of a date, this is causing a certain amount of excitement, and although I'm cautiously enjoying just getting to know him, I think half my friends have already gone out and bought hats.*

Yesterday I was visiting some friends and was treated to the following relationship advice from their 13-year-old son:
  1. What a man is looking for in a woman is someone who is a good cook, who listens to him and who understands him. That's pretty much all.
  2. If you go out for a meal, don't go to McDonald's, Burger King or KFC. Somewhere with candles on the tables would be good.
  3. Don't go for dates during the day. If you meet in the evening you can make quicker progress.
  4. My mum can fill you in on the rest.

Not sure about number 3 - what do they teach 13-year-olds these days? - but I'll try to make sure I follow number 2...

* Note for non-UK readers: it is traditional for ladies to wear hats at British weddings.

5 comments:

Mac McLernon said...

Oooooh... I won't go as far as buying a hat (a mantilla is more my style) but I shall warm up my vocal chords for the Ave Maria!!

newhousenewjob said...

See what I mean....?!

dadwithnoisykids said...

I was so sad to see McDonald's, etc. as some of your restaurant choices.

While I do not represent the United States of America in any official capacity, I am obligated as a citizen to offer my condolences for exporting those restaurant chains to England.

Simon-Peter said...

Just make sure the guy is all beef and beware the double cheese.

FloridaWife said...

"If you meet in the evening you can make quicker progress." THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

Okay, back to seriousness, and thanks for the tip about the hats. That had me confused.

Thanks for visiting my blog a few weeks ago and telling my about Hughes Syndrome. I researched it some more and requested that my doctor test me for this. (It is part of a much larger Recurrent Miscarriage Panel.) I did the blood draws last Friday and should have the results back in a few weeks. Again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for that piece of advice.