Wednesday, 28 March 2007

Quack cures?

Most of the courses that I teach are stand-alone two day courses. This week's is a bit different - this Thursday and Friday, I teach the first part of a two-part programme. Half of this week's participants are already signed up for part two in three weeks' time. This makes it more important than usual that nothing should go wrong with this course, as it would have a knock-on effect on the next course as well.

For the last two days, I've been struggling with a throat infection which is threatening to turn into full-blown laryngitis. Apart from the obvious "Try to get to bed before midnight", can anyone suggest any miracle cures that might give me a fighting chance of actually being able to teach a class for two full days this week?

4 comments:

Esther said...

Sorry you are sick. Try gargling with warm water and salt. And, drink lots of hot liquids...hot lemonades, hot chicken soup...

newhousenewjob said...

Thanks Esther. I'm just making a nice cup of tea to take on the train in my thermos mug... I have a little bit of voice this morning, but it's very croaky.

Simon-Peter said...

Zinc lozenges.

Mac McLernon said...

Whiskey, hot water, spoonful of honey... medicinal purposes, of course.

Trust me, the bugs will surrender unconditionally.

If they don't (if they're super-hard-nut bugs) you won't care anyway!