Wednesday, 7 March 2007

One of those days...

Up at 6, quick zip round to make sure everything's ready for the chap who's building cupboards and shelves in the house this week, 7:19 train to work, start work around 8:30, prepare new material for this week's teaching and get it ready for copying, sandwich at desk around 12:30 while typing notes one-handed, tutoring 1:30 till 6:00 - get a couple of curve balls thrown at me as questions come up on topics I haven't been asked to prepare, packed commuter train home, into house, change out of work clothes, inspect progress on cupboards and shelves, out again to ecumenical Lenten service, home again, clean up kitchen, remember I haven't eaten since 12:30, quick bowl of soup around 9:45, fold laundry, pack up teaching materials for tomorrow, prepare stuff for overnight bag, change beds for weekend guests, try to move bed into different room so carpenter has room to work tomorrow, discover halfway that it's too big for the doorway, eventually manage to get it unstuck and back through the doorway, decide to go to bed, set alarm for 5:00 as have to leave for Birmingham by 6:00 tomorrow morning.

So forgive me - you'll have to wait a bit longer for a serious post (probably Friday - I'll be staying in a hotel room tomorrow night and may not be able to log onto the net). In the meantime, I'll leave you with a joke I heard this evening...

2 comments:

Simon-Peter said...

Are you a teacher then? What is an ecumenical Lenten service?

We don't do them over here, if it is what I think it is. There'd be a rebellion in the pews.

newhousenewjob said...

I'm a training manager - I write and deliver courses for continuing professional education (post-qualification). It's a lot more fun than it sounds...

Actually, the thing was billed as a series of talks for Lent - it was only when I got there that I discovered it was a service. I might do a whole post on it - it was an interesting experience...