Monday, 26 March 2007

Earning my keep

No job is ever perfect, and I've always said that the things I enjoy about my work are what makes me get up and leave the house in the morning, while the things I don't enjoy are what they pay me for.

This is a week where I'll definitely be earning my keep - the work is still interesting and varied, but there's also far too much of it to do in far too little time, too many extra meetings and interruptions, and I'm being stretched waaaaay too thin.

When I get very stressed, I hum 'Dear Lord and Father of mankind', and this verse in particular:

"Drop Thy still dews of quietness
Till all our strivings cease.
Take from our souls the strain and stress
And let our ordered lives confess
The beauty of Thy peace,
The beauty of Thy peace."

I think I'll be humming it a lot this week...

No comments: